Magento & shopify are both most powerful platform for eCommerce portal development . So User are Little confuse with they Opt . Let’s we review this article might be help .
some huge fundamental differences between shopify & Magento platforms that you should be well aware of before making a comparative evaluation of the two:
Shopify is a commercial product that you need to pay for while Magento Community is a free, open-source software
Shopify is a hosted solution (where your store is hosted by them) while Magento requires that you provide your own hosting, install, setup and configure everything before you can actually start creating your store – something requiring medium to high level of web development and programming skills.
Basic online store functionality
– both Shopify and Magento offer basic store functionalities that are fairly powerful to use and maintain on an ongoing basis. Shopify can be said to be significantly easier to setup and use as compared to Magento.
– the Shopify Starter plan ($14/mo) restricts you to a maximum of 25 store items while Magento Community offers a virtually unlimited number of items. All other Shopify plans allow an unlimited number of items to be added to and sold via your store. It should be noted here though, that while Magento allows a virtually unlimited number of products, your host (server) performance and site loading speed might turn out to be serious issues if you add too many products on your Magento store .
Calculation of shipping charges
– both platforms allow flexible and powerful options for calculation of shipping charges which is one of the most basic and essential aspects of selling physical goods via an ecommerce storefront.
Provision for coupons and discount codes
– Shopify, a bit of an underdog here, does not offer this feature on their starter plan while it is available on all other plans. Magento allows discount code creation and calculation functionalities.
Payment gateway options
– Shopify has a major edge here, with support for 70 payment gateways while Magento Community is relatively at a disadvantage with support for a far lower number of gateways. More gateways, however, can be added to Magento store via third-party add-ons.
Themes and Templates
– both Shopify and Magento Community offer a large collection of themes and templates to give your online store a look and feel to suit your products and taste. While the number of free themes provided by Shopify is significantly smaller than that of Magento Community, it can be noted that the free Shopify themes are generally more contemporary as compared to the themes offered by Magento Community.
Both offer paid/premium themes but here, Shopify is at a great disadvantage, with premium themes starting at $80, while Magento paid themes start at – an almost unbelievable – $1!
In keeping with today’s must-have requirement of responsive website design both Shopify and Magento Community offer a good number of responsive templates, free as well as paid.
Apps and Add-ons
– well over 100 apps and add-ons are available for Shopify using which you can enhance and expand the functionality of your online store in various ways. Magento, again, is at a strong advantage here, with a whooping 5000+ apps and add-ons, owing, no doubt, to the open source, community driven nature of the platform.
– Shopify does not offer full multi-lingual capabilities directly. For creating fully multi-lingual stores, third-party/paid apps are available for Shopify. Another option available at Shopify is to custom code your theme/templates with a simple as well as an advanced level interface. Magento is again at an advantage here, with more in-built multi-lingual support.
– both platforms offer extensive SEO capabilities in order to help you drive more organic traffic to your store via search engines, scoring almost neck-to-neck on powerful SEO features and benefits.
– both platforms offer robust customization capabilities, via an advanced interface that allows you to edit the raw HTML/CSS code directly . Shopify scores better for providing a simple, menu driven method to change the basic attributes of your store such as fonts, colors etc only not functionality . Customization capabilities with Magento are as high as it can get because all its code is open source, any of which you can modify in any way you wish to. Albeit, this unrestricted freedom to customize can be used only by those who have deeply entrenched web programming and HTML/CSS coding know-how.
– easy blogging functionality is available as an integrated feature at Shopify while this can be achieved with Magento using a (free) plug-in